The Wellington Floorball League is the highest level of floorball competition run in Wellington.
Winter Season 2020 Details:
This season we have 2 grades (A and B). After one round of games, a promotion/relegation game will be played. The winning team of this match will play in A grade for the rest of the season, and the loser will play in B grade.
Players joining a Storm Club team will be placed in the grade best suited to their ability. Teams will change each season.
Teams are open grade, both male and female players are eligible. All players of a team need to be licensed with Floorball New Zealand and players can only play for one WFL team per term. Minimum age for players is 14 years old. Teams must register with a club to play in WFL. If you would like to register to be in a Wellington Storm team, please find the information further down the page.
Game length: Games are 3x15min effective time. This means game length is approximately 80mins.
Teams now register for a season. This means we have a summer (term 4 and term 1) and a winter season (term 2 and term 3).
Dates: Winter 2020 WFL term 2 dates are: June 21st and 28th only. Dates for term 3 are TBC. Game days will be held if we are unable to schedule all WFL games within the usual Sunday League nights.
Registrations close: Sunday 7th June.
Team fees: $800 Winter Season 2020 for non Wellington Storm Club teams.
The fees can be paid in 2 $400 installments if preferred.
Want to register with a Wellington Storm Club Team?
If you wish to register for a Wellington Storm club team please read the information below.
- Teams will have about 15 players, including 1-2 goalies. This insures that teams can have good training sessions and a minimum of 2 lines even if some people are unable to play a game.
- Each team will have a dedicated coach/manager. Ideally coaches are non-playing coaches. If a team has a player-coach, we will aim to have a team manager/assistant coach at games to assist.
- You will be allocated a team. This means you will not select your own players but will be put with a team of players from Wellington Storm. Teams will be split into U19 teams and adult teams of equal strength. U19 for this season is anyone born in 2001 or younger, although the minimum age is 14.
- Players who sign up for a Wellington Storm club team are expected to attend their team's training session. Trainings will be Tuesday or Thursday nights 8pm-9:30pm at ASB.
- If you want to be part of a Wellington Storm club team and have played at a high level previously but cannot make regular training sessions, you will be assigned to our club non-training team. The non-training team will only go ahead if there's enough player registrations.
Training Team costs are: $140 for the Winter Season. The cost includes your player fee, training fee and floorball license.
Non-Training Team costs are: $95. This cost includes your player fee and floorball license.
Friday Development Training
This session is only open to Wellington Storm Club WFL players and is aimed at people wanting to further develop their floorball skills.
Term 2 2020
Fridays 7-9pm, ASB.
June 5th - July 3rd.
Free for those signed up for a Storm training team, and $50 for those not.
To register for this training, please select the product when signing up to play WFL.